By Scott Colby
Owner, Fitness Adventures USA
I want to start this by sharing one of my favorite quotes with you. It comes from Dale Carnegie, who said, “The person who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore.”
Along the same lines of this quote, It boggles my mind that there are overweight people who don’t exercise, but yet they watch The Biggest Loser and watch OTHER people lose weight. And there are people who hate their jobs, but they spend time watching folks on American Idol chase THEIR dreams. Why would anyone do these things? Don’t sit on the sidelines and watch. Take action and do something!
Now I want to introduce you to my good friend, Lesa. Last May, Lesa looked in the mirror and was very unhappy with what she saw. She was overweight, and despite having a gym membership, never exercised. As luck would have it, as she was searching around on the internet for a solution, she stumbled upon the Fitness Adventures USA website and immediately signed up for our Rocky Mountain Fitness Adventure, without any hesitation.
Lesa was kind enough to let me interview her about her experience on the trip and her journey to a healthy life for the last 8 months. Now I’ve done hundreds of interviews with diet, fat loss and fitness experts, but my interview with Lesa was by far my favorite interview. I loved hearing how her life has changed and how she has totally transformed.
Lesa called the Fitness Adventure the most “phenomenal, life transforming, positive experience” she has ever been a part of. Boy does that make me feel good to have been a part of that!!
You can listen to the interview below, but some of the highlights of her journey are:
- She has lost 61 pounds from the time she signed up for the trip in June to when we did the interview in January.
- She lost 12 pounds during the 5 day Fitness Vacation.
- She has gone from a size 20 to a size 8 (Lesa forgot to mention this in the interview, but told me after we stopped recording).
- She has hiked mountains and takes bootcamp classes.
- She has gotten 2 promotions at work and has more speaking engagements.
- Her self-esteem is higher.
- She is dating more.
- It’s easy to take the stairs and play with her grandkids.
- She will be participating in the Warrior Dash (the Warrior Dash is no joke – look it up online).
- She has taken up running.
- She has accomplished more than she ever thought possible.
- Her life has completely changed.
I would love for you to listen to her story. It’s about a 20 minute interview and it’s very inspiring. Just click the Play button below, or you can download it.